Push button housing, PA/FF
Cerabar S, Deltabar S, Deltapilot S
Determining the correct spare part set
This method is used merely to determine whether the spare part set is suitable for the measuring device. Other conclusions drawn from the table are not applicable.
1. Read the order code from the nameplate on the measuring device and enter it in the fields below. The relevant features are marked with a star.
2. Select the order number of the spare part set in the table below and compare it, with the ordered spare part.
Original Spare Part Set
Push button housing, PA/FF
Use only identical original Endress+Hauser spare part sets.
Check the order number of the HF cable with the aid of the serial number in the device viewer (www. endress.com/deviceviewer).
We recommend that the Installation Instructions is kept with the packaging at all times.
Determining approval and authorized personnel category:
Any person who carries out repairs is responsible for safety during the work, the quality of work completed and safety of the device after repair.
1, 2, 3
1 = Trained specialist at customer site, 2 = Service technician authorized by Endress+Hauser, 3 = Endress+Hauser (return device to manufacturer)
* = It is recommended that devices with a type approval be repaired by skilled professionals who have been trained by E+H.
1 Safety Instructions
• Comply with national regulations governing mounting, electrical installation,
commissioning, maintenance and repair procedures.
• Requirements with regard to specialized technical staff for the mounting,
electrical installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of the
– trained in instrument safety
– familiar with the individual operation conditions of the devices
– for Ex-certified measuring devices: also trained in explosion protection
• The spare parts set and Installation Instructions are used to replace a faulty unit
with a functioning unit of the same type.
Only use original parts from Endress+Hauser.
• Using the material number and identification information, check whether the
spare part matches the identification label on the measuring device.
• If you have any questions, contact your E+H service organization.
• Modifications to the measuring device are not permitted.
• Follow the Operating Instructions for the device.
• Before removing the device, stop the process and purge the vessel of
dangerous gases and liquids.
• Hot surfaces! Risk of injury! Before commencing work: Allow the system and
measuring device to cool down to a touchable temperature.
• In the case of measuring devices in safety-related applications in accordance
with IEC 61508 or IEC 61511: Commissioning in according with Operating
Instructions / Safety Manual after repair. Document the repair procedure.
PMC71, PMP7x -
PMD7x, FMD7x -
PROFIBUS PA; extern + LCD
FOUNDATION Fieldbus; extern + LCD
(e.g. IECEx, ATEX, FM, CSA, TIIS, NEPSI)
1*, 2, 3
• In the case of Ex-certified measuring devices: Only open in a de-energized
state (once a delay of 10 minutes has elapsed after switching off the power
supply) or in environments which do not have a potentially explosive
• Service connector:
– do not connect in potentially explosive atmospheres.
– only connect to Endress+Hauser service devices.
• Only open housing for a brief period. Avoid the penetration of foreign bodies,
moisture or contaminants.
• Replace defective seal/gaskets by original parts from Endress+Hauser only.
• If threads are damaged or defective, the measuring device must be repaired.
• If spacing is reduced or the dielectric strength of the measuring device cannot
be guaranteed during repair work, perform a test on completion of the work
(e.g. high-voltage test in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions).
• Risk of damaging electronic components! Ensure you have a working
environment protected from electrostatic discharge.
• The measuring device is energized. Danger: Risk of electric shock! Only open
the measuring device in a de-energized state.
• Observe the instructions for transporting and returning the device outlined in
the Operating Instructions.