Promag 10, 23, 50, 53, 55
Determining the correct product
This method is used merely to determine whether the product is suitable for the measuring device. Other conclusions drawn from the table are not applicable.
1. Read the order code from the nameplate on the measuring device and enter it in the empty fields below.
2. Verify that each field of the order number selected, is identical to the order number of the original instrument.
Order Code, product
Promag 10 transmitter
Promag 23 transmitter
Promag 50 transmitter
Promag 50 transmitter stainless steel housing
Promag 53 transmitter
Promag 53 transmitter stainless steel housing
Promag 55 transmitter
Determining approval and authorized personnel category:
1. Take the option from the order code field highlighted in gray.
2. Determine the approval and authorized category of personnel using the option in the table.
3. Any person who carries out repairs is responsible for safety during the work, the quality of work completed and safety of the device after repair.
1 = Trained specialist at customer site, 2 = Service technician authorized by Endress+Hauser, 3 = Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG (return device)
8, 10 mm
• Comply with national regulations governing mounting, electrical installation,
commissioning, maintenance and repair procedures. (Available sources,
e.g. series of standards IEC 60364 and IEC 60079-14/-17/-19).
• Requirements with regard to specialized technical staff for the mounting,
electrical installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of the
– trained in instrument safety
– familiar with the individual protection concepts of the devices
– for Ex-certified measuring devices: also trained in explosion protection
• The spare parts set and Installation Instructions are used to replace a faulty unit
with a functioning unit of the same type.
Only use genuine parts from Endress+Hauser.
• Using the material number and identification information, check whether the
spare part matches the identification label on the measuring device.
• If you have any questions, contact your E+H service organization.
• Modifications to the measuring device are not permitted.
• Follow all measuring device documentation.
• In the case of Ex-certified measuring devices: Comply with the installation
instructions and operating conditions in the supplementary
• Before removing the device, stop the process and purge the pipe of dangerous
gases and liquids.
1 0 X X X – X X X X X
2 3 X X X – X X X X X
X X X – X X X X X
without approval ATEX II3G ATEX II2G, II1/2G, II2D FM/CSA Div. 2 FM/CSA Div. 1 TIIS Zone 1 NEPSI Zone 1
0.5 × 3.5
Verify that each field of the order number selected,
is identical to the order number of the original instrument.
"B, C, D, E, 3, 4, 5, 6"
• Hot surfaces! Risk of injury!
Before commencing work, allow the system and measuring device to cool
down to a touchable temperature.In the case of measuring devices in custody
transfer, the custody transfer status no longer applies once the lead seal has
• In the case of measuring devices in safety-related applications in accordance
with EN 61508 or EN 61511, reconfigure and test following any repair.
Document the repair procedure in accordance with the applicable standard(s).
• In the case of Ex-certified measuring devices: Only open in a de-energized
state (once a delay of 10 minutes has elapsed after switching off the power
supply) or in environments which do not have a potentially explosive
• After removing the electronics cover, there is a risk of electric shock as shock
protection is removed!
Switch off the measuring device before removing internal covers.
• Service connector:
– do not connect in potentially explosive atmospheres.
– only connect to Endress+Hauser service devices.
• Only open housing for a brief period. Avoid the penetration of foreign bodies,
moisture or contaminants.
Ø < 2 mm
"K, L, S, T"