Promass 40, 80, 83, Prosonic Flow 93
Determining the correct product
This method is used merely to determine whether this product is suitable for the measuring device. Other conclusions drawn from the table are not applicable.
1. Read the order code from the nameplate on the measuring device and enter it in the empty fields below.
2. Verify that each field of the order number selected, is identical to the order number of the original instrument.
Order Code, product
40XXX Promass 40 transmitter
80XXX Promass 80 transmitter
80XXX Promass 80 transmitter stainless steel housing
83XXX Promass 83 transmitter
83XXX Promass 83 transmitter stainless steel housing
93XXX Prosonic Flow 93 transmitter
Determining approval and authorized personnel category:
1. Take the option from the order code field highlighted in gray.
2. Determine the approval and authorized category of personnel using the option in the table.
3. Any person who carries out repairs is responsible for safety during the work, the quality of work completed and safety of the device after repair.
1 = Trained specialist at customer site, 2 = Service technician authorized by Endress+Hauser, 3 = Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG (return device)
8, 10 mm
• Comply with national regulations governing mounting, electrical installation,
commissioning, maintenance and repair procedures. (Available sources,
e.g. series of standards IEC 60364 and IEC 60079-14/-17/-19).
• Requirements with regard to specialized technical staff for the mounting, electrical
installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of the measuring devices:
– trained in instrument safety
– familiar with the individual protection concepts of the devices
– for Ex-certified measuring devices: also trained in explosion protection
• The spare parts set and Installation Instructions are used to replace a faulty unit with
a functioning unit of the same type.Only use genuine parts from Endress+Hauser.
• Using the material number and identification information, check whether the
spare part matches the identification label on the measuring device.
• If you have any questions, contact your E+H service organization.
• Modifications to the measuring device are not permitted.
• Follow all measuring device documentation.
• In the case of Ex-certified measuring devices: Comply with the installation
instructions and operating conditions in the supplementary Ex-documentation.
• Before removing the device, stop the process and purge the pipe of dangerous
gases and liquids.
• Hot surfaces! Risk of injury! Before commencing work, allow the system and
measuring device to cool down to a touchable temperature.
• In the case of measuring devices in safety-related applications in accordance
with EN 61508 or EN 61511, reconfigure and test following any repair.
Document the repair procedure in accordance with the applicable standard(s).
• In the case of Ex-certified measuring devices: Only open in a de-energized state
(once a delay of 10 minutes has elapsed after switching off the power supply)
or in environments which do not have a potentially explosive atmosphere.
"F, G, H, M, Q, 1, 2"
0.5 × 3.5
9 3 X X X – X X X X X X
4 0 X X X – X X X X X X
X X X – X X X X X X
Verify that each field of the order number selected,
is identical to the order number of the original instrument.
ATEX II2G, II1/2G, II2D
"B, C, D, E, K, L, S, T, 3, 4, 5, 6"
• After removing the electronics cover, there is a risk of electric shock as shock
protection is removed!Switch off the measuring device before removing
• Service connector:
– do not connect in potentially explosive atmospheres.
– only connect to Endress+Hauser service devices.
• Only open housing for a brief period. Avoid the penetration of foreign bodies,
moisture or contaminants.
• To regain the (explosion) protection of the measuring device:
– seal the openings with genuine covers
– seal cable entries with approved components suitable for the (explosion)
• Replace defective seal/gaskets by genuine parts from Endress+Hauser only.
• Threads (e.g. of the cover for the electronics and connection compartments)
must be lubricated. Use an acid-free, non-hardening grease if an abrasion
resistant dry lubricant is non-existent.
• If threads are damaged or defective, the measuring device must be repaired.
• If spacing is reduced or the dielectric strength of the measuring device cannot
be guaranteed during repair work, perform a test on completion of the work
(e.g. high-voltage test in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions).
• Risk of damaging electronic components! Ensure you have a working
environment protected from electrostatic discharge.
• Danger: Risk of electric shock! Only open the measuring device
in a de-energized state.
• Observe the instructions for transporting and returning the device outlined in
the Operating Instructions.
FM/CSA Div. 2
FM/CSA Div. 1
Ø < 2 mm
TIIS Zone 1