Using the Product as Intended
• The m84 decoder is designed for use for digital model
railroads with the Motorola, mfx, or DCC digital systems.
• This decoder is designed to turn continuous current on
and off for lighting, stop blocks in the track as a substitute
for signals, and other electrical accessories.
• Voltage for the m84 comes exclusively through track con-
nections or from the 66361/66365 switched mode power
pack (only in conjunction with 60822).
• Connections to the m84 decoder may only be done with
no voltage is present.
• IMPORTANT! The m84 has sharp edges and points due to
• The housing may not be opened.
• The m84 decoder is designed for use in dry areas only.
• The operating instructions are a component part of
this product and must therefore be kept safe as well as
passed on with the product to third parties.
• Please see your authorized Märklin dealer for repairs.
• The warranty card included with this product specifies
the warranty conditions.
• Disposing: www.maerklin.com/en/imprint.html
Information about operation
In the event of a drop-off in voltage (short circuit) at the
terminals (4) all of the relays are set to "off". After the
problem has been fixed, the relays are set back to their
When there is an external supply of current (2), the position
of the relays remains preserved.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1 Dip switches for setting the address
2 Connection socket for 66361 (230V) /66365 (120 V) (only in
conjunction with 60822)
3 Plugs and sockets for direct connection of several
4 Set screw terminals for connections to the track
5 Set screw terminals for users
6 Contact connections for the 74371, 74391, and 74380 color
7 Set screw terminals for external buttons or switching contacts
8 Switches for the lighting on Hobby signals, delivered from
the factory on.