Remote control outlet strip
with foot switch
Item no. 552926
The product is intended for providing two continuous power outlets and four switchable power outlets. The
four switchable outlets can be remotely controlled with the foot switch. The outlet strip must be connected to
an earthed mains socket; the mains voltage must be 230 V/AC, 50 Hz. The total power consumption of all
connected loads must not exceed 3680 W. Use in a dry indoor environment only.
For safety and approval purposes (CE), you must not rebuild and/or modify this product. If you use the
product for purposes other than those described above, the product may be damaged. In addition, improper
use can cause hazards such as short circuiting, fire, electric shock etc. Read the instructions carefully and
keep them. Make this product available to third parties only together with its operating instructions.
This product complies with the statutory national and European requirements. All company names and
product names are trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Outlet strip
• Foot switch including battery (type CR2032)
• Operating instructions
Up-to-date Operating Instructions:
• Open www.conrad.com/downloads in a browser or scan the displayed
• Select document type and language and enter the item number
into the search field. After submitting the query you can download
Read the operating instructions carefully and especially observe the safety information.
If you do not follow the safety instructions and information on proper handling in this
manual, we assume no liability for any resulting personal injury or damage to property.
Such cases will invalidate the warranty/guarantee.
a) Persons / Product
• The device is not a toy. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
• Do not leave packaging material lying around carelessly. These may become dangerous
playing material for children.
• Protect the product from extreme temperatures, direct sunlight, strong jolts, high humidity,
moisture, flammable gases, vapours and solvents.
• Do not place the product under any mechanical stress.
• If it is no longer possible to operate the product safely, take it out of operation and protect it from
any accidental use. Safe operation can no longer be guaranteed if the product:
- is visibly damaged,
- is no longer working properly,
- has been stored for extended periods in poor ambient conditions or
- has been subjected to any serious transport-related stresses.
• Please handle the product carefully. Jolts, impacts or a fall even from a low height can damage
• Also observe the safety and operating instructions of any other devices which are connected
to the product.
• Products operated using the mains voltage must be kept out of the reach of children. For this
reason, be particularly careful when using the product in the presence of children. They may
try to stick objects into the device through openings in the housing. This poses a risk of death
by electric shock.
• Never pour liquids over electrical appliances and never leave objects filled with liquids (e.g.
vases) on it or in the vicinity. There is a high risk of fire or life-threatening electric shock.
• Operate the product in dry interior spaces only. It must not get damp or wet. Otherwise there is
a risk of a life-threatening electric shock!
• In schools, training facilities, hobby or self-service workshops, handling of electrical devices
must be monitored by trained personnel.
• When operating on commercial premises, the relevant accident prevention regulations of
workers' compensation boards for electrical equipment must be observed.
• Always lay the cables so that nobody can trip over or become entangled in them. This poses
a risk of injury.
• Always check the product for damage before use. If you discover any damage, do not use the
product. Disconnect the power supply and unplug the mains plug from the wall outlet. Then
bring the product to a specialised workshop.
• Use only a proper mains socket (230 V/AC, 50Hz) connected to the public power supply.
• Do not pull the mains plug out of the wall outlet by its cable!
• The plug must be pulled out of the socket under the following conditions:
- before cleaning the product
- during a thunder storm
- if the product is not being used over a long period.
• The mains outlet must be located near to the device and be easily accessible.
• When setting up the product, make sure that the cable is not pinched, kinked or damaged by
• The product should not be used immediately after it has been brought from an area of cold
temperature to an area of warm temperature. Condensed water might destroy the product. Wait
until the product adapts to the new ambient temperature before use.
• The outlet strip is equipped with a child safety device. Only when the prongs of a power plug
are inserted in both openings of a socket at the same time, will the mechanism release the
opening. Even so, be especially careful if children are around. Children cannot understand the
danger arising from the incorrect use of electrical devices. There is a risk of a life-threatening
• Never plug in or unplug the plug-in power unit with damp or wet hands. There is a risk of a
life-threatening electric shock!
• Do not cascade the outlet strip. Observe the connected load in the chapter "Technical Data".
• Do not connect in series! This can lead to overloading of the outlet strip! Fire hazard! Plug the
Schuko mains plug of the outlet strip directly into a wall outlet, for example. Do not connect
one outlet strip to another.
• Do not operate while covered! At higher connected loads, the outlet strip becomes warm and
the connection cable may lead to overheating and fire, if covered!
• Current-free only when the plug is withdrawn!
b) (Rechargeable) batteries
• Correct polarity must be observed while inserting the (rechargeable) batteries.
• (Rechargeable) batteries should be removed from the device if it is not used for a long period
of time to avoid damage through leaking. Leaking or damaged (rechargeable) batteries might
cause acid burns when in contact with skin, therefore use suitable protective gloves to handle
corrupted (rechargeable) batteries.
• (Rechargeable) batteries must be kept out of reach of children. Do not leave (rechargeable)
batteries lying around, as there is risk, that children or pets swallow them.
• All (rechargeable) batteries should be replaced at the same time. Mixing old and new
(rechargeable) batteries in the device can lead to (rechargeable) battery leakage and device
• (Rechargeable) batteries must not be dismantled, short-circuited or thrown into fire. Never
recharge non-rechargeable batteries. There is a risk of explosion!
• Consult an expert when in doubt about operation, safety or connection of the device.
• Maintenance, modifications and repairs are to be performed exclusively by an expert or at a
• If you have questions which remain unanswered by these operating instructions, contact our
technical support service or other technical personnel.
Battery insertion / replacement
Remove the insulator strip before first use.
1. Remove the battery compartment cover carefully, use a slot-head screwdriver to assist if necessary.
2. Insert / replace a new battery of the same type (CR2032), while observing the correct polarity, with the
positive side facing upwards.
3. Replace the battery compartment cover.
Only mount the product on a stable surface.
Two hanging holes are provided at the back of the outlet strip. The product can be mounted on a wall with
proper screws. Make sure the screws are firmly fixed on the wall.
The foot switch can be attached to the floor, wall or other surface with the adhesive tape at the back.
Do not step on the foot switch with force! Doing so could damage it! Also, do not use any kind
of object to press down on the foot switch!
1. Insert the power plug of the electrical appliances to the outlet sockets on the power strip. The two sockets
closer to the power cord are continuous power sockets; the other four are switchable sockets.
2. To switch on / off the four switchable sockets:
- Press the ON/OFF switch on the outlet strip, next to the POWER (RF control) LED.
- Press the paired foot switch.
When the switchable sockets have power, the POWER (RF control) LED will light up.
Pairing / Unpairing
The foot switch is paired with the outlet strip before delivery. If it is unpaired, follow the steps below to pair
1. Make sure the outlet strip is connected to a proper mains outlet of 230 V/AC. If the POWER (RF control)
LED lights up, switch it off by pressing the ON/OFF switch next to it.
2. Press and hold the ON/OFF switch, until the POWER (RF control) LED blinks slowly.
3. Release the ON/OFF switch. Then press and hold the ON/OFF switch again until the POWER (RF control)
LED blinks rapidly.
4. Release the ON/OFF switch and press on the foot switch.
5. The POWER (RF control) LED will go off. The outlet strip and the foot switch will be paired up.