• Check whether the spare part matches the identification label on the
measuring device. See chapter "Designated use".
• The spare parts set and Installation Instructions are used to replace
a faulty unit with a functioning unit of the same type.
Use genuine parts from Endress+Hauser only.
• In the case of Ex-certified measuring devices: Observe the
information in the documentation "Safety Instructions" (XA, ZD).
The relevant Safety Instructions (XA) are indicated on the nameplate.
• The measuring device is energized. Danger: Risk of electric shock!
Open the measuring device in a de-energized state only.
• Before removing the device: set the process in a safe condition and
purge the pipe of dangerous materials.
• Hot surfaces! Risk of injury! Before commencing work, allow the
system and measuring device to cool down to a touchable
• In the case of measuring devices in custody transfer, the custody
transfer status no longer applies once the lead seal has been removed.
• Comply with national regulations concerning mounting, electrical
installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair procedures.
• Requirements with regard to specialized technical staff for the
mounting, electrical installation, commissioning, maintenance and
repair of the measuring devices:
– trained in instrument safety
– familiar with the individual operation conditions of the devices
– for Ex-certified measuring devices: also trained in explosion
• Follow the Operating Instructions for the device.
• Risk of damaging electronic components! Ensure you have a working
environment protected from electrostatic discharge.
• After removing the electronics cover, there is a risk of electric shock
as shock protection is removed!
Switch off the measuring device before removing internal covers.
Endress + Hauser
• Modifications to the measuring device are not permitted.
• In the case of measuring devices in safety-related applications in
accordance with IEC 61508 or IEC 61511: After repair recommission
in accordance with Operating Instructions. Document the repair
• Only open housing for a brief period. Avoid the penetration of foreign
bodies, moisture or contaminants.
• Replace defective seals/gaskets with genuine parts from
• If threads are damaged or defective, the measuring device must be
• Threads (e.g. of the cover for the electronics and terminal
compartment), which have been prepared by Endress+Hauser with
an abrasion resistant dry lubrication should not be additionally
Threads without lubricant must be lubricated with an acid-free,
• If spacing is reduced or the dielectric strength of the measuring device
cannot be guaranteed during repair work, perform a test on
completion of the work
(e.g. high-voltage test in accordance with the manufacturer's
• Service connector:
– do not connect in potentially explosive atmospheres.
– only connect to Endress+Hauser service devices.
• Observe the instructions for transporting and returning the device
outlined in the Operating Instructions.
• If you have any questions, contact your E+H service organization.