• Check whether the spare part matches the identification label on
the measuring device, as explained on the first page.
• The spare parts set and Installation Instructions are used to
replace a faulty unit with a functioning unit of the same type.
Use genuine parts from Endress+Hauser only.
• In the case of Ex-certified measuring devices: Only open in a
deenergized state (once a delay of 10 minutes has elapsed after
switching off the power supply) or in environments which do not
have a potentially explosive atmosphere.
• The measuring device is energized. Danger: Risk of electric shock!
Open the measuring device in a de-energized state only.
• Before removing the device: set the process in a safe condition and
purge the pipe of dangerous materials.
• Hot surfaces! Risk of injury! Before commencing work, allow the
system and measuring device to cool down to a touchable
• Comply with national regulations governing mounting, electrical
installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair
• Requirements with regard to specialized technical staff for the
mounting, electrical installation, commissioning, maintenance
and repair of the measuring devices:
–trained in instrument safety
–familiar with the individual operation conditions of the devices
–for Ex-certified measuring devices: also trained in explosion
• Follow the Operating Instructions for the device.
0.5 × 3.5 mm
Endress + Hauser
• Risk of damaging electronic components! Ensure you have a
working environment protected from electrostatic discharge.
• Modifications to the measuring device are not permitted.
• In the case of measuring devices in safety-related applications in
accordance with IEC 61508 or IEC 61511: After repair
recommission in accordance with Operating Instructions.
Document the repair procedure.
• Only open housing for a brief period. Avoid the penetration of
foreign bodies, moisture or contaminants.
• Replace defective seal/gaskets with genuine parts from
• If threads are damaged or defective, the measuring device must
• Threads (e.g. of the cover for the electronics and connection
compartments) must be lubricated. Use an acid-free, non-
hardening grease if an abrasion resistant dry lubricant is non-
• If spacing is reduced or the dielectric strength of the measuring
device cannot be guaranteed during repair work, perform a test
on completion of the work
(e.g. high-voltage test in accordance with the manufacturer' s
• Observe the instructions for transporting and returning the
device outlined in the Operating Instructions.
• If you have any questions, contact your E+H service