At the end of its life cycle, dispose of this product in accordance with local and national disposal
regulations. Read the manual thoroughly before bringing this device into service
Thank you for choosing the DVR1A. It converts analogue NTSC or PAL video to digital images and records them on
a removable hard disk drive. Digitally recorded video has several advantages over analogue video recorded on tape.
There is no need to adjust tracking. Digital video can be indexed by time schedule or events and you can instantly
view video after selecting the time or event. You can freeze frames, fast-forward, fast-reverse, slow-forward and
slow-reverse without image streaking or tearing. It can be used as a replacement for a time-lapse VCR in a security
a) Safety Prescriptions
• Handle this device with care.
• Do not expose this device to direct sunlight.
• Do not use this device near water and protect it against any possible contact with water.
• Do not unplug the power connector before you've correctly switched the device off.
• Use this device solely with the included power adapter.
• Unauthorised attempts to repair may result in fire, electroshock or other hazards.
• A qualified technician should service this device.
• Do not switch the power ON and immediately (± 3 sec.) OFF again.
• Use a type of power source as indicated on the manufacturer's label.
• This device should be installed by a qualified person and conform to all local codes.
• This device replaces a traditional time-lapse VCR and is compatible with most multiplexers and quad processors.
• Compatible with NTSC / PAL systems.
• Recording speed : 1-60 images/sec. (NTSC) or 1-50 images/sec. (PAL)
• Recording quality : best / high / normal / basic resolution
• Quick-search modes: search a fragment by time, event or alarm list.
• Fast forward or reverse from 2X up to 32X and slow forward or reverse from 1/2X to 1/32X.
• Adjustable time display format
• Password protection
• Automatic recording possible upon reception of an alarm signal or after detection of video loss
• Alarm output : audio signal possible upon reception of alarm signal
• Programmed recording
• Power off protection: the device cannot be switched off with the POWER button during recording.
• RS232C control port: you can connect the DVR1A to external devices through an RS-232C interface.
• When the HDD is full, the device stops recording. In overwrite mode, the device continues recording and
overwrites the oldest recordings.
DVR1A – DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER
- 1 -