O P E R A T I N G I N S T R U C T I O N S
3-Way Component System
Item-No. 37 25 77
The 3-Way Component System is intended for converting the electrical output signals from car radios
or car amplifiers into audible sound waves and is only approved for connection to the loudspeaker
outputs on such devices.
It may only be used in motor vehicles or closed rooms, i.e. not outdoors. Direct contact with moisture,
drips or water spray must be avoided at all times.
Any use other than that described above will lead to damage to the system and involves other risks,
such as short circuits, fire or electrical shocks.
No part of the product must be modified or rebuilt.
The safety instructions should be observed without fail!
The warranty will be void in the event of damage caused by failure to observe these
safety instructions. We do not assume liability for any resulting damage.
We do not assume any liability for material and personal damage caused by
improper use or non-compliance with the safety instructions. The warranty will be
void in such cases.
An exclamation mark in a triangle indicates important instructions in the operating
instructions. Please read all the instructions before using this device, they include
important information on its correct operation.
The „hand" symbol indicates special information and advice on operating the
• For safety reasons, any unauthorised conversion and/or modification to the product is not permitted.
• When installing and using the car loudspeakers, follow the relevant traffic regulations.
• Do not expose the car loudspeakers to high temperatures, drips or water spray, strong vibrations or
high mechanical stress.
• Never pour liquids above electrical devices and do not place any objects containing on them.
• Do not place naked flames, such as burning candles, on or close to the device.
• When connecting the car loudspeakers, the safety instructions for any equipment to which they are
connected must also be followed.
• Do not place any magnetic storage media such as floppy disks or video cassettes close to the car
loudspeakers, as the loudspeakers' magnetic field may corrupt data stored on such storage media.
• Do not listen to excessively loud music for long periods of time. This may damage your hearing.
• Excessive volume inside a car may result in you not hearing acoustic warning signals. This con-
stitutes a danger to yourself and to other road users. Therefore, ensure the volume is at a suitable
• Lack of attention in traffic can lead to serious accidents. Therefore, only use the hi-fi system when
the traffic situation permits and you will not be unduly distracted by operating the system.
• Do not leave packaging material lying around carelessly. It may become a dangerous plaything for
• If in doubt about how to connect the device correctly, or should any questions arise that are not
answered in these operating instructions, please contact our technical advisory service or another
Modifications to the vehicle, which are made necessary due to the installation of
the lamp, must always be carried out in such a manner that neither the traffic safety
nor the designed stability of the car is impaired. With many vehicles, the MOT will
be void, if you cut out a section of the sheet metal.
If you are in doubt about where to install the device, consult your car dealer.
Before drilling the attachment holes or cutting the speaker installation openings,
make sure that electrical cables, brake lines, the fuel tank or similar systems will
not be damaged.
When using tools to install your car's hi-fi components, follow the manufacturer's
When installing the car loudspeakers or your hi-fi system, take into consideration
the risks that can arise from devices being torn away in the case of an accident.
Therefore, you should secure each component in a place where it cannot pose a
risk to passengers.
• Look for a suitable position for mounting the loudspeakers.
• Make sure that the space behind the installation location is sufficient for the depth required by the
installation. For installation in the door, take into consideration the room required by the window when
it is wound down.
• The installation area must be stable enough to enable secure attachment. Where necessary,
strengthen with a wooden board or similar.
• After you have determined the site for mounting the loudspeakers, cut out the installation openings
for the loudspeakers. First, mark the opening for the installation.
• Mount the loudspeakers as shown in the following diagram:
• Mount the crossover in the vicinity of the loudspeaker. Take care that the connections for the
crossover will be within reach of the loudspeaker cables.
• For the tweeters, different housing rings are provided, which are used for different ways of mounting
(see drawing). The housing rings can be replaced simply by turning and pulling (bayonet catch).
• For easy alignment to the listening area, the tweeters are mounted on a pivot in their housings.
• Connect the cables from the individual loudspeakers to the connections on the crossover. Please
observe the correct polarity.
• Connect the INPUT on the crossover to the loudspeaker outputs on your car radio/amplifier. Also
here, pay attention to the correct polarity.
Power rating (RMS/max.)
Installation diameter (woofer/midrange/tweeter)
Installation depth (woofer/midrange/tweeter)
© Copyright 2009 by Conrad Electronic SE.
The mounting ring may be used as template.
When connecting the car loudspeakers, make sure that the connection cable is not
pinched or damaged by sharp edges.
The connections may only be made to suitable loudspeaker outputs on a car radio
Make sure that the impedance and load capacity data stated in the technical data
comply with the data for the car radio or amplifier to which the connection is to be
made. Otherwise damage to the car loudspeakers or the amplifier can occur.
The device to which the car loudspeakers is to be connected must be switched off
while making the connections.
Please dispose of the device when it is no longer of use, according to the current statutory
These operating instructions are a publication by Conrad Electronic SE, Klaus-Conrad-Str. 1, D-92240
All rights including translation reserved. Reproduction by any method, e.g. photocopy, microfilming, or
the capture in electronic data processing systems require the prior written approval by the editor.
Reprinting, also in part, is prohibited.
These operating instructions represent the technical status at the time of printing. Changes in
technology and equipment reserved.
Installation in existing
130 x 105 x 42mm