Thank you for purchasing a Lenovo storage product. This document provides an overview of product setup
tasks and specifies where information to accomplish each task is described in product documentation. To
obtain PDF versions of product documentation, visit http://support.lenovo.com.
• Lenovo Documentation CD (Environmental Notices and User Guide, Safety Information, Rack Safety,
Safety Labels, Basic Troubleshooting)
• Lenovo Safety, Support and Warranty
• Lenovo Important Notices
• Lenovo Storage Product Regulatory Compliance and Safety
• Lenovo Storage Rackmount Bracket Kit Installation
• Lenovo Storage S3200/S2200 Setup Guide
• Lenovo Storage Manager Guide
• Lenovo Storage CLI Reference Guide
• Lenovo Storage Event Descriptions Reference Guide
• Lenovo Storage CRU Installation and Replacement Guide
• Lenovo Storage VSS Hardware Provider Installation Guide
• Lenovo Storage S3200/S2200 Release Notes
* Printed document also included in product shipkit.
Lenovo assumes that the person using these instructions is qualified in the installation and servicing of storage
products. You must supply the following items if they are not present in your shipkit:
• Antistatic protection devices
• #2 Phillips screwdriver
• Ethernet cables (1 per controller module)
• SAS cables, if installing drive enclosures (2 per drive enclosure)
1. Verify that the installation site meets product requirements.
2. Prevent electrostatic discharge.
3. Install the controller enclosure and optional drive enclosures
in a rack:
a. Install the rail kit provided with the controller enclosure.
b. Install enclosures and secure them into the rack.
c. Connect the enclosures.
d. Install enclosure bezels.
4. Install additional disk drives and options, including
qualified SFP transceivers.
As described in
Product Regulatory Compliance and Safety;
Setup Guide appendix B
Setup Guide appendix C
Instructions provided in the rackmount bracket kit
Instructions provided with the option
P/N 00WE605, May 2015