Tower heater 113 cm 2500 W
Item no. 558081
Use this product to heat interior spaces. Operate the device using the remote control or the touch-sensitive
control panel on the top of the heater. The product has two heating levels, a thermostat and oscillating
action. In case of tipping over or overheating, the product turns off automatically. Power supply via a
normal household power outlet. The remote control is powered by one button cell battery, type CR2032
For safety and approval purposes (CE), you must not rebuild and/or modify this product. If you use the
product for purposes other than those described above, the product may be damaged. In addition, improper
use can cause hazards such as short circuiting, fire, electric shock etc. Read the instructions carefully and
keep them. Make this product available to third parties only together with its operating instructions.
This product complies with the statutory national and European requirements. All company names and
product names are trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Tower heater
• Remote control
• 4 x wing screw
• Operating instructions
Read the operating instructions carefully and especially observe the safety information.
If you do not follow the safety instructions and information on proper handling in this
manual, we assume no liability for any resulting personal injury or damage to property.
Such cases will invalidate the warranty/guarantee.
CAUTION: Do not cover.
Never cover the product during or shortly after use (such as with clothes, a blanket,
curtains, etc.) to prevent it from overheating. This also poses a fire hazard!
a) Persons / Product
• It is intended for indoor use only. Do not use it outdoors. Contact with moisture, e.g. in
bathrooms, must be avoided under all circumstances.
• This device is not intended to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical,
sensory or mental abilities or lack of experience and / or lack of knowledge unless they are
supervised by a person responsible for their safety or have received instructions on how to
use the device.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the device.
• This product is not a toy, keep it out of the reach of children. Use extreme caution when children
are present. Children cannot recognize the hazards posed by improperly using the device.
Children may attempt to insert objects into the device. There is a risk of lethal electric shock!
The hot surfaces also pose a great risk of injury and fire hazard! Set up the product out of the
reach of children.
• Do not leave packaging material lying around carelessly. These may become dangerous
playing material for children.
• Never operate without its aluminum ribbing and never insert any objects into the aluminum
ribbing.This poses a risk of fatal injury due to electric shock and fire hazard!
• Make sure there is enough space between the device and other objects during use to
guarantee sufficient air circulation.
• Never use the product in the direct vicinity of a bathtub, a shower or a swimming pool.
• Never place the product directly beneath a wall power outlet.
• Do not use the product with a separate timer, an external remote control system or any other
device to automatically turn on the product.
• Do not use the product in your car or in other mobile things or spaces.
• The device was constructed according to protection class II. Only a proper mains socket
(230 V/AC, 50 Hz) of the public supply net must be used as voltage source.
• The mains outlet must be located near to the device and be easily accessible.
• Never pull the mains plug from the socket by pulling at the cable. Always pull it from the mains
socket using the intended grips.
• Unplug the mains plug from the mains socket if you do not use the device for an extended
period of time.
• For safety reasons, always unplug the device in case of a thunderstorm.
• Make sure that the mains cable is not squeezed, bent, damaged by sharp edges or put under
mechanical stress. Avoid excessive thermal stress on the mains cable from extreme heat or
cold. Do not modify the mains cable. Otherwise the mains cable may be damaged. A damaged
mains cable can cause a deadly electric shock.
• Do not touch the mains cable if it is damaged. First, power down the respective mains socket
(e.g. via the respective circuit breaker) and then carefully pull the mains plug from the mains
socket. Never use the product if the mains cable is damaged.
• To prevent risks, damaged power cables may only be replaced by the manufacturer, a
professional workshop appointed by the manufacturer, or a similarly qualified person.
• Never plug in or unplug the mains plug when your hands are wet.
• Uncoil the power cable fully. Failure to do so may result in overheating. This poses a fire
• Do not use an extension cord, power strip or any other electronic ballast devices. Connect the
power plug to a wall power outlet only.
• The safety clearance to combustible or highly flammable objects and materials (i.e. curtains,
doors, furniture, etc.) must be at least 50 cm for the housing sides and 100 cm for the heater
vents. Failure to heed this minimum safety clearance poses a fire hazard!
• Use in spaces with a great amount of dust, with flammable gases, vapors or solvents is not
permitted. There is a danger of fire and explosion!
• Never leave the product unattended during use.
• The air vents become very hot very quickly. Risk of burning! Use appropriate caution when
handling the product. Never touch it with your bare hands.
• Unpleasant odors may occur for some time during first use. Make sure the room where the
product is set up is sufficiently ventilated.
• Move, transport and store the product only when it is fully cooled off.
• Use the product in temperature climates only, do not use in the tropics.
• Do not use the product just after moving it from a cold to a warm space. This may cause
condensation which can destroy the device or lead to electric shock. Allow the device to reach
room temperature first. Wait until all condensation has evaporated – this may take up to several
hours – before connecting the product to the power supply and beginning use.
• Never pour liquids above or near the product. This poses a great fire hazard and risk of electric
shock. Should liquid enter the device interior, remove it immediately from the circuit (turn off
the circuit's fuse/circuit breaker/residual current operated circuit breaker). Only now is it safe to
unplug the product. Consult a professional. Discontinue use of the product.
• Protect the product from extreme temperatures, direct sunlight, strong jolts, high humidity,
moisture, flammable gases, vapours and solvents.
• Do not place the product under any mechanical stress.
• If it is no longer possible to operate the product safely, take it out of operation and protect it from
any accidental use. Safe operation can no longer be guaranteed if the product:
- is visibly damaged,
- is no longer working properly,
- has been stored for extended periods in poor ambient conditions or
- has been subjected to any serious transport-related stresses.
• Please handle the product carefully. Jolts, impacts or a fall even from a low height can damage
b) (Rechargeable) batteries
• Correct polarity must be observed while inserting the (rechargeable) battery.
• The (rechargeable) battery should be removed from the device if it is not used for a long period
of time to avoid damage through leaking. Leaking or damaged (rechargeable) batteries might
cause acid burns when in contact with skin, therefore use suitable protective gloves to handle
corrupted (rechargeable) batteries.
• (Rechargeable) batteries must be kept out of reach of children. Do not leave (rechargeable)
batteries lying around, as there is risk, that children or pets swallow them.
• (Rechargeable) batteries must not be dismantled, short-circuited or thrown into fire. Never
recharge non-rechargeable batteries. There is a risk of explosion!
• Consult an expert when in doubt about operation, safety or connection of the device.
• Maintenance, modifications and repairs are to be performed exclusively by an expert or at a
• If you have questions which remain unanswered by these operating instructions, contact our
technical support service or other technical personnel.
Inserting/replacing battery (remote control)
1. Turn over the remote control so that the bottom is facing you.
2. Push the locking lever to the right and pull the battery compartment out of the remote control.
3. Insert a new button cell battery, type CR2032 (not included), into the battery compartment. The positive
terminal should face upwards (see "+" marking on the battery).
4. Reinsert the battery compartment in the IR remote control and make sure that the locking lever clicks
The battery must be replaced when the range decreases or the product no longer reacts to
commands from the remote control.
Never operate the product without the base. First install the base before operating the product
for the first time.
1. Align the bottom of the product with the openings in the base and place the product in the openings.
2. Fasten the base to the product using the four provided wing screws.
Place the product on a stable, heat-resistant and even surface of sufficient size.
The power switch, an I/O rocker switch, is hidden from view beneath the product. The location
of the power switch is noted by the imprint POWER on the housing.
Position I (on): nearer to the edge
Position O (off): nearer to the middle
1. Make sure that the power switch is in position O (off).
2. Connect the power plug to a common household power outlet.
3. Turn the product on (power switch to position I). A beep sounds to indicate that the product is operational.
4. Refer to the chapters "Controls" and "Display symbols" for making the settings.
5. For extended periods of disuse, turn off the product completely. The power switch must be in position O
(off). Disconnect the power plug from the outlet.