O P E R A T I N G I N S T R U C T I O N S
Digital recorder H.264
Item no. 754538 (4-channel)
Item no. 754539 (8-channel)
Item no. 754540 (16-channel)
The digital recorder is used to record images of all cameras connected to it. The device is oper-
ated via USB mouse or IR remote control and with an intuitive OSD menu.
The images are recorded onto a SATA hard drive (not included in the delivery, to be ordered
separately, max. 2 TB).
The safety instructions must be observed at all times!
Any use other than that described above could lead to damage to this product and involves
the risk of short circuits, fire, electric shock, etc. No part of the product may be modified or
This product complies with the applicable national and European requirements. All names of
companies and products are the trademarks of the respective owners. All rights reserved.
HDMI is a registered trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC.
• Digital recorder
• USB mouse
• IR remote control
• Power adaptor
• Euro-power cable
• Attachment screws for hard drive
• SATA cable (might be already connected inside the digital recorder)
• The manufacturer's operating instructions (English language, possibly only on CD)
• Quick guide
The warranty will be void in the event of damage caused by failure to observe
these safety instructions! We do not assume any liability for any resulting
We shall not accept liability for damage to property or personal injury caused
by incorrect handling or non-compliance with the safety instructions! In such
cases, the warranty will be null and void.
these safety instructions are not only for the protection of the product but also for
your own safety and that of other people. Therefore, please read this chapter very
carefully before using the product for the first time!
• The unauthorised conversion and/or modification of the product is not permitted for
safety and approval reasons (CE).
• The product is not a toy and should be kept out of the reach of children. It should
be operated out of the reach of children.
• When installing the product make sure that the connection cables are not pinched
or damaged by sharp edges.
• If the digital recorder is used with other devices (e.g. a monitor), the operating
instructions and safety notices for these devices must be followed.
• Do not leave packaging material carelessly lying around, since it can be danger-
ous for children to play with.
• In commercial institutions, the accident prevention regulations of the Employer's
Liability Insurance Association for Electrical Systems and Operating Facilities are
to be observed.
• In schools, educational centres, hobby and self-help workshops the operation of
the product is to be supervised by trained employees.
• Handle the product with care; it can be damaged by impacts, blows, or accidental
falls, even from a low height.
• If you have any questions that are not answered in these operating instructions,
please contact our technical support centre or consult a professional.
General information on batteries/rechargeable batteries
• Batteries/rechargeable batteries must be kept out of reach of children.
• Do not leave batteries/rechargeable batteries lying around; they could be swallowed by chil-
dren or pets. If they are swallowed, consult a doctor immediately.
• Leaking or damaged batteries/rechargeable batteries in contact with the skin can cause acid
burns, therefore, use suitable protective gloves.
Liquids leaking from batteries/rechargeable batteries are very chemically aggressive. Ob-
jects or surfaces coming into contact with these liquids might be considerably damaged.
Thus, store batteries/rechargeable batteries in a suitable location.
• Batteries/rechargeable batteries must not be short-circuited, opened or thrown into a fire.
There is a risk of explosion!
• Do not recharge normal, non-rechargeable batteries; there is a risk of explosion! Only charge
rechargeable batteries that are intended for this purpose; use a suitable battery charger.
• Never mix standard batteries with rechargeable batteries, use either standard batteries or
• Do not mix batteries/rechargeable batteries with different charge levels (e. g. full and half-full
• Always replace the complete set of batteries/rechargeable batteries.
• Check that the polarity is correct when inserting the batteries/rechargeable batteries (pay
attention to plus and minus).
Installation of a SATA Hard Drive
• First remove the casing lid of the digital recorder by unscrewing its attachment screws (one
screw each on the left and right and 3 screws on the rear side).
• Attach the hard disc with 4 screws on the digital recorder's supports intended for this pur-
• Connect the power cable and the SATA cable between hard drive and control PCB of the
• Replace the casing lid of the digital recorder and fasten it with the screws removed earlier in
• Safe operation can no longer be assumed if:
- the device is visibly damaged,
- the device no longer works
- the device has been stored under adverse conditions for a long time
- it was exposed to heavy loads during transport
• The product is intended for use only in dry indoor rooms; it must not get damp
or wet; never touch it with damp wet hands! There is a risk of a life-threatening
• The product should not be exposed to extreme temperatures, direct sunlight, in-
tense vibrations or heavy mechanical stress. Protect it against dust and dirt.
• The design of the power adaptor complies with safety class II. Use only a standard
mains socket as the voltage source (see section "Technical Data").
The outlet must be located in direct proximity to the device and easily accessible.
• When the product is taken from a cold to a warm room (e.g., during transport),
condensation may be produced.
Allow the product to reach room temperature before you connect it to the mains
voltage. This may take several hours. Otherwise, there is a risk of a life-threatening
• Do not pull the power plug from the mains socket by pulling on the cable.
• If the power adaptor or the power cable is damaged, do not touch it; there is dan-
ger to life from electric shock!
First switch off the mains voltage to all poles of the mains socket to which the pow-
er adaptor/power cable is connected (e.g. switch off at the corresponding circuit
breaker or remove the safety fuse, then switch off at the RCD protective switch).
Then you can remove the mains plug from the mains socket. Dispose of the dam-
aged power adaptor/power cable in an environmentally friendly way, do not use it
Replace it with a new power adaptor/power cable with the same specifications.
Only an 8.89 cm/3.5 SATA hard drive is suitable (max. 2 TB) for the installation. For use
as surveillance device, you have to install a hard drive that can be used in continuous
operation. These are usually more expensive than "normal" hard drives.
Do not install desktop hard drives in the digital recorder as these will age faster or
read/write errors may occur if the hard drives are used in continuous operation.
Furthermore, pay attention that the hard drive used does not develop an excess of