Smart Chest Strap
Item no. 556021
Smart chest is used for wireless transmission of your heart rate to an end device suitable for
the purpose that has a Bluetooth
standard Smart 4.0 or higher.
The power is to be supplied by a battery only (type, see "Technical Data").
Any use other than that described above is not permitted and can damage the product. In addition, it can lead
to hazards such as short-circuit, fire, etc.
This product complies with the applicable national and European requirements. All names of companies and
products are the trademarks of the respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Chest strap
Smart wireless transmitter
• 1x battery CR2032
• Operating instructions
Up-to-date operating instructions
Download the latest operating instructions via the link www.conrad.com/downloads or scan the QR code.
Follow the instructions on the website.
Explanation of the Symbols
In the operating manual, an exclamation mark inside a triangle indicates important instructions.
The hand symbol indicates special information and advice on operating the device.
The warranty will be void in the event of damage caused by failure to observe these safety
instructions! We do not assume any liability for any resulting damage!
We shall not accept liability for damage to property or personal injury caused by incorrect
handling or non-compliance with the safety instructions! In such cases, the warranty will
be null and void.
• The unauthorised conversion and/or modification of the product is not permitted for safety and
approval reasons (CE).
• The product is not a toy and should be kept out of the reach of children.
• Do not leave packaging material carelessly lying around, since it could become a dangerous
plaything for children.
• Handle the product with care; it can be damaged by impacts, blows, or accidental falls, even
from a low height.
• Avoid strong magnetic fields in the immediate vicinity, since this could otherwise lead to
deviations in the measured result.
• Make sure the chest strap holds securely. In so doing, do not draw the strap too tight, so that
your free movement space is not limited and it cannot cause breathing disruptions during
• While wearing the strap, it is imperative that you pay attention to the way your body reacts. In
the case of skin irritations, take off the chest strap.
• The measurement of the heart rate with the chest strap is not a substitute for professional
medical devices or the monitoring by a doctor.
General Battery Instructions
• Batteries should be kept out of the reach of children.
• Do not leave batteries lying around in the open; there is a risk of them being swallowed by children or pets.
If they are swallowed, consult a doctor immediately.
• Leaking or damaged batteries can lead to caustic burning of the skin. Therefore, use suitable protective
• Batteries/rechargeable batteries must not be short-circuited, opened or thrown into a fire. There is a risk
• Do not recharge normal, non-rechargeable batteries, there is a risk of explosion!
• Please pay attention to the correct polarity (plus/+ and minus/-) when inserting the battery.
Insertion and Replacement of Battery
• Remove the 4 screws on the back of the product with a small Phillips-tip screwdriver.
• Remove the used battery from the battery compartment.
• Insert a new battery of the same type (see "Technical Data") in the battery compartment.
• Then close the battery compartment lid carefully again.
1. Install suitable application that support Heart Rate Service on your end device. For this purpose, we
recommend the free app from "ALATECH" "ALA COACH+". In so doing, pay attention to the assistance in
2. Activate the Bluetooth
function on your end device. Please consult the manufacturer's instruction manual
for this purpose.
3. Put on the chest strap. In so doing, make sure the strap holds firmly immediately under the breast. The
chest strap must thereby have direct contact with the skin.
4. Mount the wireless transmitter on the strap and Alatech logo of the wireless transmitter is in a central and
5. Start the software and pair the wireless transmitter with the end device directly through the installed
software. A pairing through the operating system of the end device could potentially lead to an error.
6. The Bluetooth
chest strap is ready for use.
To ensure good contact with the skin, you should moisten the two sensors on the inside of the
chest strap before use.
Always store the chest strap detached from the wireless transmitter. Thus a longer battery life is
ensured in the long term.
Keep the receiving device in front of you and ensure the transmission range within 2M from the
Smart to the receiving device.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Apart from the occasional battery change, the product is maintenance-free.
The fabric chest strap itself can be washed by hand. Prior to doing so, take off the wireless transmitter.
The radio transmitter can be cleaned easily with a moist cloth when the battery compartment is closed. For
this, use a soft cloth.
Never use aggressive cleansing agents or chemical solvents since this might damage the product. Never
apply too much pressure, to avoid scratch marks on the housing.
a) General instructions
Dispose of unserviceable products in accordance with the relevant statutory regulations.
Remove the inserted battery and dispose of it separately from the product.
As the end user, you are required by law (Battery Ordinance) to return all used batteries/rechargeable batte-
ries; disposal of them in the household waste is prohibited.
Contaminated rechargeable batteries are labelled with these symbols to indicate that disposal in
the domestic waste is forbidden. The symbols of the relevant heavy metals are: Cd = Cadmium,
Hg = Mercury, Pb = Lead. You can return your used batteries/rechargeable batteries free of
charge to the official collection points in your municipality or anywhere where batteries or
rechargeable batteries are sold.
You thereby fulfil your statutory obligations and contribute to the protection of the environment.
Declaration of Conformity (DOC)
We, Conrad Electronic SE, Klaus-Conrad-Straße 1, D-92240 Hirschau, hereby declare that this product
conforms to the fundamental requirements and the other relevant regulations of the directive 1999/5/EC.
The Declaration of Conformity (DOC) for this product can be found at www.conrad.com.
Wireless transmission ........................... Bluetooth
Operating system ................................. from iOS 5.0 or Android 4.3
Transmission frequency........................ 2402 - 2480 MHz
Power supply ........................................ 1x CR2032
Temperature range ............................... -10 °C to +50 °C
Dimensions of transmitter ..................... 62 x 38 x 12.5 mm (L x W x D)
Dimensions of chest strap .................... 850 x 30 mm (L x W)
Total weight ........................................... 55 g
This is a publication by Conrad Electronic SE, Klaus-Conrad-Str. 1, D-92240 Hirschau (www.conrad.com).
All rights including translation reserved. Reproduction by any method, e.g. photocopy, microfilming, or the capture in
electronic data processing systems require the prior written approval by the editor. Reprinting, also in part, is prohibited.
This publication represent the technical status at the time of printing.
Copyright 2016 by Conrad Electronic SE.