PCM7 / PCM7U – WIRELESS AND RECHARGEABLE OPTICAL MOUSE
1. Introduction & Features
To all residents of the European Union
Important environmental information about this product
This symbol on the device or the package indicates that disposal of the device after its lifecycle could harm the environment.
Do not dispose of the unit (or batteries) as unsorted municipal waste; it should be taken to a specialised company for recycling.
This device should be returned to your distributor or to a local recycling service.
Respect the local environmental rules.
If in doubt, contact your local waste disposal authorities.
Thank you for buying the PCM7! Please read the manual thoroughly before bringing this device into service.
If the device was damaged in transit, don't install or use it and contact your dealer.
2. Safety Instructions
• Damage caused by disregard of certain guidelines in this manual is not covered by the warranty and the dealer will
not accept responsibility for any ensuing defects or problems.
• Only use the device for its intended purpose. Using the device in an unauthorised way will void the warranty.
• All modifications of the device are forbidden for safety reasons. Damage caused by user modifications to the
device is not covered by the warranty.
• Keep the device away from children and unauthorised users.
• Do not shake the device. Avoid brute force when operating the device.
3. Installation and Operation
• Open the battery compartment on the bottom of the mouse, insert 2
AAA Ni-MH batteries and close the battery compartment.
• Make sure your computer is switched off before connecting the PCM7 receiver. Connect the receiver either to a
USB port (connector #4 in the figure) or to a PS/2 mouse port by means of the USB-PS/2 adapter (fig. #3). Now
switch the computer on. The green LED on the receiver (fig. #2) should light up.
Under WIN98, a series of windows will guide you through the installation of the USB device ; under WIN
ME/2000/XP, the device is automatically installed.
• Press the connect button on the bottom of the receiver and the one on the bottom of the mouse. Move the mouse
around ; the green LED on the receiver should be blinking. Whenever contact is lost, press the 2 buttons again.
• The receiver also serves as a charging station for the mouse. While the computer is switched on, put the mouse in
the receiver to recharge it: the red LED on the receiver (fig. #1) will light up.
• The red LED will be lit as long as the mouse batteries are being recharged. When the batteries are charged, the
red LED will extinguish.
• The first time the batteries are charged may take longer than subsequent charging cycles.
• When the red LED on the mouse itself (fig. #5) starts to blink, the batteries need to be recharged.
• When the mouse is not used for over half an hour, it goes into sleep mode. Click the left button to exit sleep mode.
The information in this manual is subject to change without prior notice.
PCM7 / PCM7U