Glass convection heater 425 W black
Item no. 49 02 82
This product is intended for wall mounting and is used to heat indoor spaces by convection.
Power is supplied via a normal household power outlet.
For safety and approval purposes (CE), you must not rebuild and/or modify this product. If you
use the product for purposes other than those described above, the product may be damaged.
In addition, improper use can cause hazards such as short circuiting, fire, electric shock etc.
Read the instructions carefully and keep them. Make this product available to third parties only
together with its operating instructions.
This product complies with the statutory national and European requirements. All company
names and product names are trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Glass convection heater
• Mounting material (2 x screw, 2 x dowel)
• Operating instructions
Read the operating instructions carefully and especially observe the safety
information. If you do not follow the safety instructions and information
on proper handling in this manual, we assume no liability for any resulting
personal injury or damage to property. Such cases will invalidate the warranty/
CAUTION: Do not cover.
Never cover the product during or shortly after use (such as with clothes, a
blanket, curtains, etc.) to prevent it from overheating. This also poses a fire
a) Persons / Product
• It is intended for indoor use only. Do not use it outdoors. Contact with moisture, e.g.
in bathrooms, must be avoided under all circumstances.
• This device is not intended to be used by persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental abilities or lack of experience and / or lack of
knowledge unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety or
have received instructions on how to use the device.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the device.
• This product is not a toy, keep it out of the reach of children. Use extreme caution
when children are present. Children cannot recognize the hazards posed by
improperly using the device. Children may attempt to insert objects into the device.
There is a risk of lethal electric shock! The hot surfaces also pose a great risk of
injury and fire hazard! Set up the product out of the reach of children.
• Do not leave packaging material lying around carelessly. These may become
dangerous playing material for children.
• Never use the product in the direct vicinity of a bathtub, a shower or a swimming
• Never place the product directly beneath a wall power outlet.
• Do not use the product with a separate timer, an external remote control system or
any other device to automatically turn on the product.
• Do not use the product in your car or in other mobile things or spaces.
• The mains outlet must be located near to the device and be easily accessible.
• Never pull the mains plug from the socket by pulling at the cable. Always pull it from
the mains socket using the intended grips.
• Unplug the mains plug from the mains socket if you do not use the device for an
extended period of time.
• For safety reasons, always unplug the device in case of a thunderstorm.
• Make sure that the mains cable is not squeezed, bent, damaged by sharp edges
or put under mechanical stress. Avoid excessive thermal stress on the mains cable
from extreme heat or cold. Do not modify the mains cable. Otherwise the mains
cable may be damaged. A damaged mains cable can cause a deadly electric shock.
• Do not touch the mains cable if it is damaged. First, power down the respective
mains socket (e.g. via the respective circuit breaker) and then carefully pull the
mains plug from the mains socket. Never use the product if the mains cable is
• To prevent risks, damaged power cables may only be replaced by the manufacturer,
a professional workshop appointed by the manufacturer, or a similarly qualified
• Never plug in or unplug the mains plug when your hands are wet.
• Uncoil the power cable fully. Failure to do so may result in overheating. This poses
a fire hazard!
• Do not use an extension cord, power strip or any other electronic ballast devices.
Connect the power plug to a wall power outlet only.
• There must be at least 50 cm between the device and flammable materials and
objects (i.e. curtains, doors, furniture, etc.). Failure to heed this minimum safety
clearance poses a fire hazard!
• Use in spaces with a great amount of dust, with flammable gases, vapors or
solvents is not permitted. There is a danger of fire and explosion! Never mount
the product to an instable or mobile surface. Mount the product in such a way that
it cannot fall. Should the product fall, it poses a fire hazard and may also cause
damage to persons or the product itself.
• Never leave the product unattended during use.
• The glass plate becomes very hot in a very short time. Risk of burning! Use
appropriate caution when handling the product. Never touch it with your bare skin.
• Unpleasant odors may occur for some time during first use. Make sure the room
where the product is set up is sufficiently ventilated.
• Move, transport and store the product only when it is fully cooled off.
• Use the product in temperature climates only, do not use in the tropics.
• Do not use the product just after moving it from a cold to a warm space. This
may cause condensation which can destroy the device or lead to electric shock.
Allow the device to reach room temperature first. Wait until all condensation has
evaporated – this may take up to several hours – before connecting the product to
the power supply and beginning use.
• Never pour liquids above or near the product. This poses a great fire hazard and
risk of electric shock. Should liquid enter the device interior, remove it immediately
from the circuit (turn off the circuit's fuse/circuit breaker/residual current operated
circuit breaker). Only now is it safe to unplug the product. Consult a professional.
Discontinue use of the product.
• Protect the product from extreme temperatures, direct sunlight, strong jolts, high
humidity and moisture.
• Do not place the product under any mechanical stress.
• If it is no longer possible to operate the product safely, take it out of operation and
protect it from any accidental use. Safe operation can no longer be guaranteed if
- is visibly damaged,
- is no longer working properly,
- has been stored for extended periods in poor ambient conditions or
- has been subjected to any serious transport-related stresses.
• Please handle the product carefully. Jolts, impacts or a fall even from a low height
can damage the product.
• Consult an expert when in doubt about operation, safety or connection of the
• Maintenance, modifications and repairs are to be performed exclusively by an
expert or at a qualified shop.
• If you have questions which remain unanswered by these operating instructions,
contact our technical support service or other technical personnel.
After mounting, the on/off switch should be located on the upper right-hand side.
This is the only approved installation position.
When mounting, observe the following minimum safety clearance:
• To the floor: 20 cm
• To the ceiling: 20 cm
• To both sides: 50 cm
Mount the product to a vertical, stable wall only. Use the provided mounting
Two screws and wall anchors are included. On the back of the product (see fig. 1)
there are four mounting holes. If you use the provided mounting materials only,
use the upper mounting holes – those in line with the on/off switch – to mount
the product. We recommend mounting the product to the wall with two additional,
The following steps describe how to mount the device with two screws.
1. Choose an appropriate site for mounting.
2. Drill two holes in a horizontal line with a distance of 273 mm.
When drilling, make sure not to damage any cables, leads or pipes beneath the
3. Insert the two provided wall anchors and turn the two provided screws into the wall anchors
with a Phillips screwdriver. The screws should stick out from the wall approx. 4 – 6 mm.
4. Align the mounting holes on the back of the product with the screws and place the product
on the screws. Hold the product and move it slightly to the left until it sinks slightly into place.