O P E R A T I N G I N S T R U C T I O N S
Digital Microscope Camera 1.3
Item-No. 19 12 33
The product is a camera designed to transfer recorded images via a USB port to a PC.
Thanks to the integrated lens, particularly small objects/surfaces can be magnified and imaged.
The power is supplied via a USB port.
This product complies with the applicable National and European requirements. All names of
companies and products are the trademarks of the respective owner. All rights reserved.
• Microscope camera
• Table stand
• CD with driver/software
• Operating Instructions
The warranty will be void in the event of damage caused by failure to observe
these safety instructions! We do not assume any liability for any consequen-
We do not assume any liability for material and personal damage caused by
improper use or non-compliance with the safety instructions. The warranty
will be null and void in such cases.
• The unauthorised conversion and/or modification of the product is inadmissible
because of safety and approval reasons (CE).
• The product should only be used in dry indoor areas, it must not be exposed to
damp or wet!
• The product is not a toy and should be kept out of the reach of children.
• Attention, LED light:
Do not look directly into the LED light!
Do not look into the beam directly or with optical instruments!
• Do not leave packing materials unattended. They may become dangerous play-
things for children.
• Handle the product with care, it can be damaged by impacts, blows, or accidental
drops, even from a low height.
• Start your operating system. Place the CD included in the delivery in an appropriate drive on
• The software now starts automatically and you can install the software. If the CD does not start
automatically, you must start the installation program on the CD manually (main directory on
the CD, e.g. „Autorun.exe" etc.).
Follow the program's instructions.
If the software requests, connect the microscope camera to a free USB2.0 port on your comput-
er. The operating system recognises the new hardware and completes the driver installation.
Please read the manufacturer's information that can be found on the CD.
• Start the software.
1 Objective (with LED illumination)
2 Adjustment dial
3 Slide switch for LED illumination
4 Photo key
5 Locking bolt
• The slide switch (3) is used to switch off the LED illumination in front of the objective
(switch position „OFF") or 2 brightness levels may also be selected (Switchposition „I" and „II").
• Move the objective (1) of the microscope camera as close as possible to the desired object
(e. g. place the front on a newspaper).
• Adjust the picture until it the image is sharp by using the adjustment dial (2).
Thanks to the type of lens used, the picture can be focussed at two zoom levels.
Do not over wind the adjustment dial. Turn the adjustment wheel slowly, so you can
focus the picture accurately. Turn the adjustment dial (2) in one direction or the oth-
er, until a sharp picture can be seen on the computer monitor, at one of the two zoom
With reflective surfaces or objects, the LED light can result in over bright pictures or
• Turn the microscope camera or the object to be viewed until the picture is aligned as desired.
Make sure no objects touch the lens as they might damage it. Do not touch the optics
(the lens will get dirty).
• The microscope camera can be fixed at a given position using the table stand included in the
delivery; the locking bolt (5) fixes the position of the table stand.
• Key (4), on the top of the microscope camera, controls the software's photo function.
Never use the product immediately after it has been taken from a cold room to a
warm one. The condensation that forms might destroy your unit.
Allow the device to reach room temperature before switching it on. This may take
The housing must not be opened! Any maintenance or repair work must only be car-
ried out by authorised personnel.
Avoid the following unfavourable environmental conditions at the installation location
and during transportation:
- Damp or excess air humidity
- Extreme cold or heat
- Dust or flammable gases, fumes or solvents
- Strong vibrations
- Strong magnetic fields such as those found close to machinery or loudspeakers
When setting up/using the product, ensure that the cables are not bent, over-tight-
ened or squeezed.
Check the lens of the microscope camera occasionally, clean it of dust and dirt. Use an appro-
priate lens cleaning system, e. g. a clean, soft brush.
Do not press too hard on the optics/mechanics of the camera, since it may be damaged.
Furthermore, you may cause scratch marks on the lens.
Please dispose of the product, when it is no longer of use, according to the current
Sensor ..........................................CMOS, 1280 x 1024 Pixels
USB Connection ..........................USB2.0
Operating voltage ........................5 Vdc (via USB)
Lighting ........................................8 white LEDs
Magnification ................................Max. approx. 200x
Dimensions (Ø x L) ......................approx. 140 x 37mm
These operating instructions are a publication by Conrad Electronic SE, Klaus-Conrad-Str. 1, D-92240
All rights including translation reserved. Reproduction by any method, e.g. photocopy, microfilming, or
the capture in electronic data processing systems require the prior written approval by the editor.
Reprinting, also in part, is prohibited.
These operating instructions represent the technical status at the time of printing. Changes in
technology and equipment reserved.
© Copyright 2010 by Conrad Electronic SE.