O P E R A T I N G I N S T R U C T I O N S
Ethernet via VDSL extension
Item no. 62 27 13
The product is used for the transmission of an Ethernet network signal over long distances. One RJ45 socket
on each of the two converters is used for connection to a conventional 10/100MBit network, while one RJ11
connector is used for connection to the transmission cable. Due to the VDSL transmission of the converters,
you can continue to use this cable e.g. for a conventional telephone signal.
The power is supplied via two enclosed wall plug transformers.
Always observe the safety instructions and all other information included in these operating instructions.
This product complies with the applicable national and European requirements. All names of companies and
products are the trademarks of the respective owners. All rights reserved.
• 2x converters
• 2x wall plug transformers
• Manufacturer's operation instructions (in English)
• Quick guide
The warranty will be void in the event of damage caused by failure to observe these safety
instructions! We do not assume any liability for any resulting damage!
We shall not accept liability for damage to property or personal injury caused by incorrect
handling or non-compliance with the safety instructions! In such cases, the warranty will
be null and void.
• The unauthorised conversion and/or modiﬁ cation of the product is not permitted for safety and
approval reasons (CE). Never dismantle the product.
• The product is not a toy. Devices operated using mains voltage do not belong in the hands of
children. Therefore, be especially careful when children are around.
Use the product where it is out of the reach of children.
• The product is intended for use only in dry, indoor locations. No part of the product should
become damp or wet; never handle it if your hands are wet!
With the wall plug transformers there is also the deadly peril of an electric shock!
• The product must not be exposed to extremes of temperature, direct sunlight, vibrations or
• The design of the wall plug transformers complies with Protection Class II. Use only a stand-
ard mains socket as the power source for the wall plug transformers.
The mains socket into which the wall plug transformers are plugged must be easily accessible.
• Do not disconnect the wall plug transformers from the mains socket by pulling the cable.
• If the wall plug transformer is damaged, do not touch it; there is danger to life from electric
Switch off the mains voltage to the mains socket to which the wall plug transformer is con-
nected (e.g. switch off at the corresponding circuit breaker or remove the safety fuse and then
switch off the RCD).
You can then unplug the wall plug transformer from the mains socket. Dispose of the faulty
wall plug transformer in an environmentally friendly way; do not use it any more.
Replace it with a new wall plug transformer with the same speciﬁ cations.
• Do not leave packaging material carelessly lying around, since it could become a dangerous
plaything for children.
• Handle the product with care; it can be damaged by impacts, blows, or accidental falls, even
from a low height.
• Check the product for damage before each use!
If you detect any damage, DO NOT connect the product to the mains supply!
Safe operation can no longer be assumed if:
- the product shows visible signs of damage
- the product does not function or does not function properly (e.g. a burning smell)
- the product was stored under unfavourable conditions
- it was exposed to heavy loads during transport
• When connecting and operating the device, make sure the cables are not bent or jammed.
• Avoid the following adverse conditions at the installation location and during transport:
- Excessive humidity or dampness
- Extreme cold or heat
- Dust or ﬂ ammable gases, fumes or solvents
- Strong vibrations
• If the product is not to be used for some time (e.g. during storage), unplug the wall plug trans-
The two converters have four DIP switches that have to be set before getting started with the product:
2/3 Selection of the transfer standard
• Connect the two RJ11 sockets of the converters with each other using a suitable cable. Due to the VDSL
transmission of the converters, you can continue to use this cable e.g. for a conventional telephone signal.
• Set the DIP switches accordingly.
• Connect the low-voltage round plug of the wall plug transformers to the corresponding sockets of the
• Plug the wall plug transformers into a mains socket. The "Power" LEDs on the converters light up.
• Now the converters start searching for each other in order to establish a network connection. When a
correct connection has been established, the "Link/Nego" LED next to the RJ11 sockets lights up.
No network connection
• Set the DIP switches on both converters correctly.
• Check that the cable connection between the converters is correct. There must be no short-circuit or inter-
Slow or unstable data transfer
• The cable connection between the converters is too long or the cable quality is too poor.
• Set DIP switch 4 on both converters to the same value. For test purposes, use either 6 dB or 9 dB and
check the connection again.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Maintenance or repair may be performed only by qualiﬁ ed personnel or a specialised repair shop. The
product contains no parts that require servicing. Therefore, do not open/dismantle it.
Use a clean, dry, soft cloth for cleaning.
Dust can easily be removed using a clean, long-haired brush and a vacuum cleaner.
Operating voltage ........................12 V/DC
RJ45 network ...............................10/100MBit
Dimensions ..................................102 x 75 x 22.5 mm
Weight .........................................208 g
b) Wall plug transformers
Operating voltage ........................100 - 240 V/AC, 50/60 Hz
Output ..........................................12 V/DC, 1 A
ON = "CO", OFF = "CPE"
One of the converters must be set to "CO", the other one to "CPE" (this is normally the converter con-
nected to the end terminal, e.g. a computer).
OFF/OFF = annex A-30a
ON/OFF = annex A-17a
OFF/ON = B-30a-997
ON/ON = B-17a-997
ON = "6dB", OFF = "9dB"
Depending on the cable length or quality, the signal-to-noise ratio can be set here (SNR). With lower
cable length or better cable quality you can set 6 dB which may lead to a higher transfer rate.
For more information on the LEDs, please refer to the manufacturer's instructions.
Dispose of an unserviceable product in accordance with the relevant statutory regulations.
Do not use abrasive cleaning agents, cleaning alcohol or other chemical solutions, since these
could damage the surfaces or even impair operation.
These operating instructions are a publication by Conrad Electronic SE, Klaus-Conrad-Str. 1,
D-92240 Hirschau (www.conrad.com).
All rights including translation reserved. Reproduction by any method, e.g. photocopy, microﬁ lming,
or the capture in electronic data processing systems require the prior written approval by the editor.
Reprinting, also in part, is prohibited.
These operating instructions represent the technical status at the time of printing. Changes in
technology and equipment reserved.
© Copyright 2013 by Conrad Electronic SE.