3-Channel Dimmer for RGB LED Strips
Item no. 559270
This product is suitable for adjusting the brightness of RGB LED strips. There is one control knob for each
channel, making it possible for each channel to be controlled individually. Connection to the power supply
and RGB LED strips (both not included) is carried out via screw terminals.
It is intended for indoor use only. Do not use it outdoors. Contact with moisture, e.g. in bathrooms, must be
avoided under all circumstances.
For safety and approval purposes (CE), you must not rebuild and/or modify this product. If you use the
product for purposes other than those described above, the product may be damaged. In addition, improper
use can cause hazards such as short circuiting, fire, electric shock etc. Read the instructions carefully and
keep them. Make this product available to third parties only together with its operating instructions.
This product complies with the statutory national and European requirements. All company names and
product names are trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Operating instructions
Read the operating instructions carefully and especially observe the safety information.
If you do not follow the safety instructions and information on proper handling in this
manual, we assume no liability for any resulting personal injury or damage to property.
Such cases will invalidate the warranty/guarantee.
a) Persons / Product
• The device is not a toy. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
• Do not leave packaging material lying around carelessly. These may become dangerous
playing material for children.
• Protect the product from extreme temperatures, direct sunlight, strong jolts, high humidity,
moisture, flammable gases, vapours and solvents.
• Do not place the product under any mechanical stress.
• If it is no longer possible to operate the product safely, take it out of operation and protect it from
any accidental use. Safe operation can no longer be guaranteed if the product:
- is visibly damaged,
- is no longer working properly,
- has been stored for extended periods in poor ambient conditions or
- has been subjected to any serious transport-related stresses.
• Please handle the product carefully. Jolts, impacts or a fall even from a low height can damage
• Also observe the safety and operating instructions of any other devices which are connected
to the product.
• Consult an expert when in doubt about operation, safety or connection of the device.
• Maintenance, modifications and repairs are to be performed exclusively by an expert or at a
• If you have questions which remain unanswered by these operating instructions, contact our
technical support service or other technical personnel.
12 – 24 V
Connection and operation
1. If necessary, attach the product to a suitable, flat surface using two screws.
2. Loosen the screws that connect the two transparent covers above the screw terminals. Remove the
3. Connect the product to the power supply and RGB LED strips following the connection diagram. Make
sure all screw connections are tightened and the connection wires can not become loose.
4. Attach the covers again above the screw terminals.
5. Turn the three control knobs counterclockwise till the complete end.
6. Turn on the power supply.
7. Use the control knobs to adjust the desired brightness for each channel. The brightness is infinitely
Maintenance and cleaning
• Disconnect the product from the power supply before cleaning. Let the product cool down completely.
• Clean the surface of the product with a soft, dry cloth or brush only.
• Never use any aggressive cleaning agents or chemical solutions as otherwise the housing could get
Electronic devices are recyclable waste and must not be disposed of in the household waste.
At the end of its service life, dispose of the product according to the relevant statutory regulations.
You thus fulfil your statutory obligations and contribute to the protection of the environment.
Operating voltage .................................. 12 – 24 V/DC
Output current ........................................ max. 3 A per channel
Output power ......................................... max. 108 W at 12 V/DC
Suitable wire cross section .................... ≤1,5 mm²
Operating conditions .............................. -20 to +40 ºC, 10 – 80 % RH
Storage conditions ................................. -20 to +60 ºC, 10 – 90 % RH
Dimensions (W x H x D) ........................ 130 x 40 x 45 mm
Weight ................................................... 90 g
The power supply must be dead during installation. Failure to do so poses the risk of
Install the product out of reach of children.
Never place the product on or near easily inflammable surfaces.
Never operate the product at places where flammable or explosive gases/dust are
Never operate the product in the proximity of potentially explosive environments.
For fixed installation, attach the product to the surface first. You may only then connect
the wires to the screw terminals.
Observe the correct assignment of color codes during installation (R = Red, G = Green,
B = Blue).
When tightening the screws, make sure no cables or wires get damaged.
It is possible to connect several RGB LED strips in series. This depends on the design
of the RGB LED strips. Refer to the instructions of the manufacturer.
Make sure the connection wires are of sufficient size. Select the cross-section of
the connection wires according to the amount of RGB LED strips. Please note that
the current is added for each of the three colors (R, G, B). Dimension the plus wire
Only use RGB LED strips with shared plus wire (common anode). Never connect
different RGB LED strips to the product.
Make sure the output voltage of the power supply corresponds to the operating voltage
of the RGB LED strips.
Do not short-circuit the product.
For example, you may use a power adapter with open cable ends as power supply.
When turning the control knob counterclockwise till the complete end, the respective channel
will be deactivated.
The control lamp above the screw terminals on the left lights up once the power supply is
activated. If, however, all control knobs are at complete left position, the control lamp turns off
despite the voltage being applied.
max. 216 W at 24 V/DC
These operating instructions are published by Conrad Electronic SE, Klaus-Conrad-Str. 1,
D-92240 Hirschau (www.conrad.com).
All rights including translation reserved. Reproduction by any method, e.g. photocopy, microfilming,
or the capture in electronic data processing systems require the prior written approval by the editor.
Reprinting, also in part, is prohibited.
These operating instructions represent the technical status at the time of printing. Changes in
technology and equipment reserved.
© Copyright 2014 by Conrad Electronic SE.