O P E R A T I N G I N S T R U C T I O N S
4-channel SD digital recorder
Item no. 75 41 16
The 4-channel SD digital recorder can be used to record up to 4 video signals (e.g. from surveil-
lance cameras with analogue video output) to a SD/SDHC memory card. Alternatively, it can
also be recorded using a computer with USB2.0 interface. The wall plug transformer enclosed
is used to supply the power.
This product complies with the applicable National and European requirements. All names of
companies and products are the trademarks of the respective owner. All rights reserved.
• 4-channel SD digital recorder
• Wall plug transformer
• CD with software and the manufacturer's detailed operating instructions (English)
• USB cable for PC connection (USB connector type A on plug A)
• USB cable for SD card reader (USB connector type A on mini USB plug)
• Quick guide
The warranty will be void in the event of damage caused by failure to observe
these safety instructions! We do not assume any liability for any consequen-
Nor do we assume any liability for material and personal damage caused by
improper use or non-compliance with the safety instructions! The warranty
will be void in such cases.
• The unauthorised conversion and/or modiﬁ cation of the product is not permitted for
safety and approval reasons (CE).
• The product is not a toy. Keep devices that operate on the mains voltage out of the
reach of children. Therefore, be especially careful when children are around.
Use the product where it is out of the reach of children.
• The product is only intended for use in dry, indoor locations. No part of the product
should be allowed to become damp or wet; never take hold of it if your hands are
damp or wet!
There is a risk of a life-threatening electric shock!
• The design of the wall plug transformer complies with protection class II. Only use
a standard mains socket as power source for the wall plug transformer.
• Only use the enclosed wall plug transformer for power supply.
• Do not pull the wall plug transformer from the mains socket by pulling on the cable.
Take hold of it on the sides of the housing and pull it out of the mains socket.
• If the wall plug transformer is damaged, do not touch it; there is danger to life from
First, switch off the mains voltage to the socket to which the wall plug transformer
is connected (switch off at the corresponding circuit breaker, remove the safety
fuse or switch off at the corresponding RCD protective switch, so that the socket is
You can then unplug the wall plug transformer from the mains socket. Dispose of
the faulty wall plug transformer in an environment-friendly way, do not use it any
more. Replace it by a wall plug transformer of the same design.
• Do not leave packing materials unattended. They may become dangerous play-
things for children.
• Handle the product with care, it can be damaged by impacts, blows, or accidental
drops, even from a low height.
Software Installation, Operation Using a PC
First, install the installation software of the provided CD. The digital recorder should
only be connected to a computer, when the software prompts you to do so.
Do not insert a memory card into the digital recorder!
When using the product with a PC, the data are recorded directly in the hard drive of
• Place the enclosed CD into an appropriate drive on your computer.
• If the installation programme does not start automatically, start the program "Autorun.exe" in
the main directory of the CD.
• Follow all instructions of the software or Windows.
• When the software prompts you, connect the provided low-voltage plug of the wall plug trans-
former with the corresponding connector on the backside of the digital recorder, plug the wall
plug transformer into a mains socket. The power LED over the low-voltage socket lights up.
Connect the socket "USB2.0" (directly next to the low-voltage socket) with a free USB2.0 port
of your computer using the special USB cable (USB-A plug on USB-A plug).
The installation software and Windows recognise the new hardware and completes the driver
Then, the software "USB DVR NETWORK" will be installed.
• To each of the 4 inputs (CH 1 to CH4, cinch sockets), you can connect a device with analogue
video output (FBAS), e.g. a surveillance camera or any other device with analogue video
Depending on the device used, appropriate adapters might be required (available as acces-
• Using the connector "AUDIO IN" (cinch socket) an analogue audio signal can be connected
and recorded (only when recording videos, not photographs).
• For recording, start the software "USB DVR Network" with a double-click on the correspond-
ing symbol on the Windows Desktop.
Using the software "USB DVR Search", you can later play and search the recording.
Operation without PC
If the digital recorder is connected to a PC, the recording is done comfortably via the software
"USB DVR Network" to the hard drive of the computer. To do this, computer and software must
As a speciality, the digital recorder can also be used without the PC software; in this case, the
data is recorded to a SD/SDHC memory card (SD memory card up to 2 GB, SDHC memory
card up to 32GB, not included in the delivery, only FAT/FAT32 ﬁ le system is possible, but not
The conﬁ guration of the digital recorder is done in a text ﬁ le with the corresponding conﬁ gura-
tion information, which must be saved in the main directory of the SD/SDHC memory card.
Proceed as follows:
• When the digital recorder is connected to a computer (via USB socket "USB2.0"), cancel the
software "USB DVR Network" and disconnect the cable.
• Insert an empty SD/SDHC memory card into the digital recorder.
• There is a mini USB socket (labelled "MINI USB") next to the memory slot. Connect it to a fee
USB port of your computer using the connection cable provided (USB-A plug on mini USB
• Windows recognises the new hardware; the memory card slot is integrated as additional
removable storage drive (like a common card reader).
Make sure that the SD/SDHC memory card is empty and /or sufﬁ cient storage space is left.
• Create a text ﬁ le "cmd.txt" on the SD/SDHC memory card.
For further information on the software, refer to the comprehensive manual in Eng-
lish on the CD.
To view the PDF ﬁ le, you need e.g. "Acrobat Reader", which you can download free
of charge at www.adobe.com
By default setting of the software "USB DVR Network" several functions are secured
with a password. This is "123456" by default (enter without quotation marks!).
If you want to deactivate the password (e.g. for a ﬁ rst functional test of the software)
or change the password, click on the screw driver symbol ("Setup") on the right side
in the software. Then, switch off the password under "Conﬁ rm Password" in "Secu-
To to this, use e.g. the Windows Texteditor or another programme that can create a
"common" text ﬁ le.
Make sure not to save a different ﬁ le format (e.g. a Word ﬁ le), as this cannot be read.
You can also select the memory card in the Windows File Manager and then click
the empty drive with the right mouse button to create a new text ﬁ le.