O P E R A T I N G I N S T R U C T I O N S
UV insect vacuum
Item no. 71 00 45
The UV insect vacuum is intended to attract insects by means of the blue UV bulb and then
sucks them through the fan. The insects sucked in fall into a collection ﬁ lter. The insects are
generally unharmed and can be released at any time.
The device may be used only indoors.
The UV insect vacuum is only approved for operation with 230 V. Do not use any other power
Any use other than described above is not permitted and can damage the product. In addition,
it can lead to dangers such as short-circuit, ﬁ re etc.
This product complies with the applicable National and European regulations.
All names of companies and products are the trademarks of the respective owner. All rights
The safety instructions should be observed without fail!
An exclamation mark inside a triangle indicates important instructions in the
The "hand" symbol indicates special information and advice on operating the
The warranty will be void in the event of damage caused by failure to observe
these safety instructions! We do not accept liability for damage to property
and injury to persons caused by mishandling or non-compliance with the
safety instructions! In such cases, the warranty will be null and void.
General safety instructions
• For safety and approval (CE) reasons, unauthorised conversion and/or modiﬁ cation of the
product are not permitted.
• Do not expose the product to high temperatures, humidity, strong vibrations or heavy me-
• When setting up the product, make sure that the cables are not kinked, pinched or damaged
by sharp edges.
• Do not unplug the power cord from the mains socket by pulling on the cable!
• Never pour liquids over electrical devices and never place objects ﬁ lled with liquid on top of
• Avoid direct eye contact with the UV light.
• Do not insert ﬁ ngers or other items into the device.
• Handle the product with care, it can be damaged by impacts, blows, or accidental drops, even
from a low height.
• If you have any doubts about the correct operation, or the safety of the product, please con-
sult a specialist.
• Do not allow children to play with the device. Only use the product out of the reach of children.
Small parts of the product could be swallowed.
• Condensation may form when the product is brought from a cold room into a warm one. Wait
until it has reached room temperature before using it.
• Do not leave packaging materials unattended. They may become dangerous playthings for
• Also observe any further safety instructions in the individual sections of this operating guide.
- Place the UV insect vacuum on a ﬂ at level surface.
- Do not place the device too close to other light sources. The darkest place in the room that is
to be protected is usually the most suitable.
- Place the UV insect vacuum at a short distance from people and food in order to protect these
- Do not place the device in front of open windows or doors. Insects do not linger in draughty
- UV insect vacuum
- Operating Instructions
- UV bulb
- Replacement UV bulb
Controls and Parts
UV bulb (6)
Funnel holder (8)
The UV insect vacuum attracts insects by means of its UV bulb (6) inside the air inlet (5). The
fan (7) sucks in the insects and transports them via the funnel holder (8) into the insect collec-
tion container (9). The insects are in general unharmed and they can be released at a location
of your choosing.
The UV insect vacuum is environmentally friendly as it does not use any chemical products
The UV insect vacuum is designed for rooms of up to 60m² area.
- Plug the 230 V power cord into a mains socket.
- Turn the lever (3) on the knob (4) to "on".
- The UV bulb lights up and the fan is activated.
- Ensure that the mesh on the knob and the air inlet do not overlap.
- You can set the operation to automatic using the photo sensor (2) on the top of the UV insect
vacuum. Lift the cover and fasten it on the attached plastic pin. When twilight approaches, the
UV light and the fan are automatically activated. And vice versa. As soon as the surroundings
become brighter (day light or artiﬁ cial lighting) the UV light and the fan switch off automati-
If possible, close windows and doors while using the UV insect vacuum.
It is recommended the photo sensor be covered to keep the UV insect vacuum in
operation at all times, if there are many insects in the room.
Photo sensor (2)
Air inlet (5)
Insect collection container (9)