PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
* Please keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death from electrical shock,
short-circuiting, damages, ﬁre or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Do not open
• Do not open the device or attempt to disassemble the internal
parts or modify them in any way. The device contains no user-
serviceable parts. If it should appear to be malfunctioning, dis-
continue use immediately and have it inspected by qualiﬁed
Yamaha service personnel.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of physical injury to you or others, or damage to the
device or other property. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• If you use a stand, check the stand's speciﬁcations and make
sure that it is sturdy enough to support the weight of the
speaker. You may need to limit the number of people around
the placed stand, in order to avoid toppling the device or caus-
ing damage to the internal components.
• If you use the TS-80 and TS-90 speaker stands manufactured
by Ultimate Systems (sold separately) to support the AX10/
AX12/AX15/AX12M/AX15M speaker models, be sure to keep
the following cautions.
– Use the speaker stands with their legs fully opened.
– Place only one speaker on each speaker stand.
– Tighten fastening screws securely.
– Remove the speakers from the stands before moving the
stands or adjusting their height.
– Add weight such as sand bags around the stand legs to pre-
vent them from falling over.
– Use the stand at a maximum height of 140 cm.
• If you use a metal socket of the AX15W subwoofer to allow
mounting of a satellite speaker, use a pole shorter than 90cm
with an outer diameter of 35mm.
• When transporting or moving the device, always use two or
• Before moving the device, remove all connected cables.
• Do not expose the device to excessive dust or vibrations, or
extreme cold or heat (such as in direct sunlight, near a heater)
to prevent the possibility of panel disﬁguration or damage to
the internal components.
• Do not place the device in an unstable position where it might
accidentally fall over.
• Do not expose the device to rain, use it near water or in damp
or wet conditions, or place containers on it containing liquids
which might spill into any openings.
• Before connecting the device to other devices, turn off the
power for all devices. Before turning the power on or off for all
devices, set all volume levels to minimum.
• Use only speaker cables for connecting speakers to the
speaker jacks. Use of other types of cables may result in ﬁre.
• Be sure to observe the ampliﬁer's rated load impedance (see
page 5), particularly when connecting speakers in parallel.
Connecting an impedance load outside the ampliﬁer's rated
range can damage the ampliﬁer.
• Always turn AC power to the power ampliﬁer on last in any
audio system to avoid speaker damage. When turning power
off, the power ampliﬁer should be turned off ﬁrst for the same