LED Floodlight 4.8 W
Item no. 57 74 62
The LED floodlight is intended for illuminating house entrances, driveways, etc. It may be installed outdoors
(take into account the installation location!).
For safety and approval purposes (CE), you must not rebuild and/or modify this product. If you use the
product for purposes other than those described above, the product may be damaged. In addition, improper
use can cause hazards such as short circuiting, fire, electric shock etc. Read the instructions carefully and
keep them. Make this product available to third parties only together with its operating instructions.
This product complies with the applicable National and European requirements. All names of companies and
products are the trademarks of the respective owner. All rights reserved.
• LED floodlight
• Operating instructions
Explanation of the Symbols
The lightning symbol in a triangle is used to alert you to potential risks for personal injury, such
as electric shock.
This symbol indicates specific risks associated with handling, function and use.
Defective safety glass must be replaced immediately; if the safety glass is defective the
product must not be used.
Keep a minimum distance between the light emitting openings and the illuminated
surfaces (e.g. easily flammable objects, such as curtains, etc.). The appropriate
minimum distance is specified on the bulb (in the illustration to the left, the minimum
distance is 1 m).
The product is suitable for use outdoors.
The product is not dimmable.
Please refer to the operating manual!
Read the operating instructions carefully and especially observe the safety information.
If you do not follow the safety instructions and information on proper handling in this
manual, we assume no liability for any resulting personal injury or damage to property.
Such cases will invalidate the warranty/guarantee.
a) In general
• The design of the product complies with protection class I, the protective earth conductor must
• Do not leave packaging material carelessly lying around since it could become a dangerous
plaything for children.
• Any maintenance or repair work may only be performed by an authorised repair shop.
• In commercial institutions, the accident prevention regulations of the employer's liability
insurance association for electrical systems and operating facilities are to be observed!
• If you have any questions that are not answered in this instruction manual, please contact our
technical support centre or consult a professional.
• The product is not a toy. Keep devices that operate on the mains voltage out of the reach of
children. Therefore, be especially careful when children are around.
• Install and use the product where it is out of the reach of children.
• The product is suitable for use outdoors; however, it must never be used in water!
• The product may only be operated on the mains voltage (see section „Technical data").
• The product must not be exposed to extreme temperatures, strong vibrations or heavy
mechanical stress. Only use the product when it is firmly mounted/steady.
• Handle the product with care, it can be damaged by impacts, blows, or accidental drops, even
from a low height.
• Do not use this product in rooms or under adverse ambient conditions where combustible
gases, vapours or dust are or may be present! There is a risk of explosion!
• Attention, LED light: Do not look directly into the LED light! Do not look into the beam directly
or with optical instruments!
• Never cover the product when it is in use. Do not hang decoration materials on the lamp. Fire
• Check the product for damage before each use! If you find any damage, you must not use
• If you detect any damage while the product is in use, do not touch the product, there is a danger
of an electric shock!
• Disconnect all poles of the light from the power supply (e.g. switch off at the corresponding
circuit breaker or remove the fuse and, additionally, switch of at the corresponding earth
leakage circuit breaker).
• If you observe any damage, do not use the product any longer, take it to a specialised workshop
or dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manner.
• A safe operation can no longer be assumed, if:
- the product shows visible signs of damage,
- the product does not function or does not function properly (e.g, a burning smell, flickering)
- the product was transported or stored under unfavourable conditions.
Preparations for Installation
The product may only be installed and mounted by a qualified technician (e.g.
electrician), who is familiar with the relevant regulations (e.g. VDE, German electrical
Improper work, carried out on the mains voltage, endangers not only your own life but
also the life of others!
If you do not have the expertise required for the installation, do not install it yourself but
ask a qualified technician.
Observe the safety instructions!
• Only install the LED floodlight on a stable surface.
• The LED floodlight must be protected on the sub-distribution board by a 10/16 A fuse. An earth leakage
circuit breaker must be installed before this (FI protective switch).
• The LED floodlight must be disconnected from the power supply during installation. It is not sufficient to
just turn off at the light switch! Turn the power off and ensure that all the poles are not carrying a current
by removing the electric circuit's fuse, or switching off at the circuit breaker. Secure it against unauthorised
reconnection, e.g., with a danger sign. In addition, switch off the associated ground fault circuit interrupter.
• Check that the mains connection is current free with a suitable tester.
Only use a cable for the mains connection, which is suitable for being permanently laid outdoors.